This leggings is the premium version of our traditional MODAL® leggings.
What is different from the previous version?
The TENCEL™ fabric is a bit thicker and more elastic (its quality is also superior).
This S M K leggings is truly unique, it has been developed over the years and fittings to get closer to the perfect product in terms of line and comfort.
This "hybrid" leggings is a real innovation; a clever blend between traditional dance tights and yoga leggings.
Since we can't say it's a great love affair between waistbands and us, we've created a new sewing method to allow for a waist without elastic (and our stomachs thank us)! Finally!
The fabric is smooth, ribbed, and super soft (made from LENZING TENCEL™, see below for information about the fabric), and we finished the leg with a raw edge hem to avoid creating unnecessary volume on your lovely ankle.
This item is a MUST-HAVE, and can be worn for dance, yoga, or everyday life! We wear it ourselves daily at the S M K showroom!
About fabric, you may wonder about what is TENCEL™?
TENCEL™ is made from wood cellulose, it is a trademark created by Lenzing group that ensure the sustainability of your Lyocell.
In a nutshell, It s kind of viscose but in a far more sustainable way, here is why:
TENCEL™ is derived from sustainable wood chips, its wood chips used are certified by the Forest Stewardship council
– 99% of the process water is used in closed loop, and god knows how much water & solvents are used in the production of textile, so this is a very important characteristic.
– its production has low ecological impact, it requires less water & energy to produce than most of bio-fiber textiles (such as viscose)
– biodegradable, TENCEL™ can fully revert to nature (but guess what? It actually depends how your country is handling trash, you can have a biodegradable material but if it isn’t in direct contact with soil or water, then it cannot biodegrade properly)
– recycle its own waste to produce electricity and thermal energy, there we go 🙂
– Lenzing is planning to go carbon neutral by 2050, boss goal!
– as a textile, TENCEL™ is breathable, durable & absorbent, we just love the way it flows and shine
You can machine wash your tank 30 degres :).