We know it is rare to find a “Cupro made” sweatpants, and to be honest this is also first time for us!
We decided to quit recycled polyester to find a more environment friendly (and human friendly) alternative, and here we are ^^
S M K CUPRO sweatpants is very comfortable and functional 🙂
The elasticized waistband belt can be folded many times until you reach the appropriate fit to your body.
The pants is composed by Italian pockets on both sides and a cotton ribbed part on ankles that embrace your ankle and maintain its bottom.
You can play with the ribbed part and pull it as high as wanted on your leg.
Cupro is a ‘regenerated cellulose’ fabric made from cotton waste. Much like Tencel and Modal, cupro is a plant-based material that is chemically processed.
Cupro is a by-product of cotton production, so it is technically a recycled textile but there are a lot to say about this textile which is far from perfect as well!
How about the feeling?
The feeling is very different than any other sweatpants you may have wore before: it’s silky, super soft and drapes prettily.
In fact, Cupro is also called “luxury vegan silk” and it’s breathable like cotton.
But careful, it can be more frail than usual polyester sweatpants…
Let’s talk about the plus & cons of CUPRO
To better know the our new sweatpants, we made a short list about pros & cons of this textile
* Made from cotton waste (recycled)
* Light and breathable
* Can be machine washed (cold water only & in lingerie net)
* Hypo-allergenic and anti-static
* There are no certifications for cupro fabric
* Produced with intensive and harmful chemicals
* Must be cold washed, how to wash your cupro items is suuuper important (cold water only & in lingerie net)
* Wrinkles easily and more frail than polyester textile
Please wash your cupro pants in washmachine with cold water in a lingerie net
Anny is wearing S sizes of CUPRO pants